Have PV, tested positive for Jak2, enlarged spleen. Recommendations?

6 ago from a routine physical I was told today I have PV because i tested positive for Jak2. Counts Crit: 52.1 Hgb:17.2 EPO:1.1 Plat:449 borderline enlarged spleen: Grew 1cm in 6 years. (prior scan for another issue unrelated) Started slight itching after showering 3 years ago when all my blood levels were normal. I requested a BMB based on the literature to confirm the correct diagnosis and to stage my marrow. MD said why we have confirmation with Jak2. I requested a consult at Dana Farber. Does anyone have any recommendations in the Boston Area? I am a triathlete and it seems weird to read the mean survival time is 15-17 years. Im 55 and feeling very sad today.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013