Have IUD. Having sharp abdominal pain. Opted to remove loop. Prescribed antibiotics, painkillers. Matter of concern?

I ve had a loop or UID for 5years. For the 1st time since yesterday I woke with a sharp abdominal pain . Over the last 9 months I ve complained to my GP about spotting. Over the last month it became regular, to weekly!! I saw the GP again this morning for this pain, did a sonar, urine test, then opted to remove the loop. Urine test was positive for blood & LEU (3+ -500) not sure what that means??! He gave me some antibiotics & painkillers. He said there is no need for further test. Should I be worried??
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013