Have Crohns disease. Stomach upset after taking iron and vitamin C tablets. No energy. What to do?

Hi I have Crohns disease , I have tried many iron pills which cause me to get ill. On top of it my body wont absorb it. My first GI gave me and iron infusion, was a life changer. However, my new GI and my F.D. think Iron is to dangerous. I never had any problem last time I have my IV for iron. I am in the normal range on the lowest number in absorbtiona and iron in 32. I take RAW iron tablets with vit c but it upsets my tummy so bad. Lately I take 3 hour naps, depressed, and every other symptom and its getting worse. But the all say everything is normal and do nothing. My family doc said go see a counselor for the depression! I am depressed because I take 3 hour naps and haven t any enrgey to do a thing with my kids and I feel horrible. I dont know what to do? They both know about prior IV helping and having no problem and the FD family doc started me on B12 another big help. I have changed my life style take great supplements but not to many and dont drink or smoke . Id like to workout again but I am dead man walking. I have nothing to give and this has been going on for 1.5 years. No one thinks it iron cause its normal even though its always one or two numbers above or below the normal line. I live in Columbus and my GI is getting ready to retire and now I need a another GI which takes time to establish. I am lost and feel hopless. Instead they keep giving me more uppers and downers to get me through the day and that doesnt help nor do I want them. Can you help? Janet
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012