Have Crohn s disease. Taking Aza-azothioprine. Safe to try to conceive?

Hello :) My husband has Crohns Disease & we are looking at conceiving our 2nd child within the next few months. Our 1st child, my husband was not diagnosed with Crohns as he didnt have any flare ups or symptoms till after our child was born. He has been on Aza-Azothioprine for roughly a year or more. Is it safe to try to conceive or what is recommended for us? What is our best option, as I can't seem to find any findings about the safest route or recommended time to try & conceive after being on this drug? Thank you so much
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013