Has transient mid epigastric pain. Have gerd. Cause? Suggest

Hello, my husband has transient mid epigastric pain primarily at night. This happens maybe once or twice a month and lasts about an hour. The pain is severe to the point where he questioned it being cardiac in nature. He does have gerd and is being treated and also had an endoscopy which showed some color change but the biopsy was clean. This area if color change was slightly higher than the area where the pain is. He has also had a cardiac work up and was cleared. I'm now thinking possible gallstones or pancreatitis? The pain does not radiate to one side or the other, occasionally up... Which he thought could be midsternal, hence the cardiac work up. He has tried linking it to dietary causes but there is not much consistency. Any thoughts? Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013