Has throat pain. Doc advised adenoids n tonsils should be removed. Now i feel like swallowing my tongue. What can that be?

My 6 yr old daughter has been complaining of something stuck in her throat for a week. We visited ER a few times, they took X-rays and find nothing. Now she has throat pain and its hard to breath from her nose. We visited an ENT and we were told that her adenoids n tonsils should be removed. That's it's the tissue that bothering her. She now says she feels like she's going to swallow her tounge. What can that be?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013