Has severe cough. Give Albutamol Syrup and bentnesol drop? How to increase diet?

My son about 3 yrs old is having severe cough for the last couple of days. Few days back the same thing happened when the doctor had prescribed him Albutamol Syrup and bentnesol drop. now that he is again having the same problem is it recommended that the same medication is taken. Plus he is very reluctant of eating anything other than fruits of all kinds and more so when he is not keeping well. is it appropriate to substantiate his habit of not eating with some vitamin dose? Plz advise.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012