Has depression and violent outbursts. Taking Celexo but no effect. Is suicidal. Suggestions?

My son is 18 and seems very depressed. he went to his doctor and was put on celexa but it doesn t seem to help. He has been struggling for about 3 years now but seems to be getting alot worse in the last couple of months. he has gone from being a very talented hockey player and bullrider to hanging out with a very Questionable crowd. His son was born a year ago and I can tell that he really wants to be there for his son and his fiancee but he seems so sad and lost and angry. Lately he has had some violent outbursts and been in trouble with the law, this is really out of character for him. I have also had to take him to the hospital because he has been suicidal twice now. I am frustrated for him because we keep being told that it is normal for teens to be depressed, this is more than that. I don t know what it is but it is really scaring me. I don t know how to help him , I feel like we are losing him.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013