Has afib, high bp, taking digoxin. What medicine i should prefer?

My father is 91. He has afib and high bp (under control with meds). In addition to bp med he takes digoxin (low dose). We take bp and pulse 2 times daily. His bp in mornings is generally in 12x/8x, late in day 13x/8x. Today took it and while bp was bit high 137/85, what alarmed me was pulse..37. Have had occasions in last month his pulse hit 47, 45, but today hit 37. 30 minutes later was 48. his norm is usually very hi 50 s, mid 60 s. Should I stop his digoxin?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013