Has Down syndrome with seizures and tics. Doctor asked to stay out of school .Is this needed?

my son is downsyndrome ,24years old.He has seizures and tics,.He is on keppra,25ml at night,and topama 100ml,2 of them and 2 25ml at night, and one metoprolol ,25ml,in the mornings,for thyroid .The DR. wants to keep him out of School for 3 months,but I dont see that being so.To me thats like making him being away from the things he loves.Plus I am on staff at Funerals homes as a soloist here in my city,and Singing is my Life, for over 60,years.Since the thyroid iodine treatment Josiah, has had 19,tics and 5 seizures,.However I did send him to Drew Transition Center today,but Friday the DR. faxed info to School about him staying away for fear of hurting himself. Please give me in your opinion
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013