Hard to breathe, even after i quit smoking marijuana and cigarettes

Hard to breathe, even after i quit smoking marijuana and cigarettes all together. Hi, I recently started feeling shortness of breath and about 3 days ago quit smoking all together. I still continue to feel this, like when I try to take a deep breath, it feels like i m not getting enough oxygen. Like i m not filling my lungs with enough air. In result i keep trying to take a deep inhale over and over until i occupy my self with something or fall asleep. should i visit a doctor or just wait until my lungs clean themselves? When waking up in the morning i feel normal, but then the annoying shortness of breath comes back at random times and really ruins my day.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Jan 2011