Hard skin from feet to ankle, dark line appeared, have to trim the skin. Treatment?

I have extremely hard skin from bottom of my feet all the way up to where the regular skin begins just below my ankles. I ve been to podiatrists who end me to dermatologists and vice versa. There is a distinct dark line where the two types of skin meet that is rising above the tops of my shoes. This is quite embarrassing. No one can seem to tell me what it is or how to treat it. I ve had this issue for 15 years and it s worsening. I do have to trim the skin because it gets so hard and thick, I think this is what is making it worse. If I don t it cause pain and changes the shape of my shoes. I need something that can slow the growth rate of the skin on my feet. Is there anything that can do this?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012