After twisting my ankle I am having a swollen and numb feet so is it a part of recovery process or should I take any treatment ?

Approximately two weeks ago I fell and severely twisted my ankle/ foot . I believed it to be only a sprain and applied the necessary treatment , ice, wrap and so on. Currently it is slightly swollen and now I have numbing in my foot. Is this a common aspect of the recovery process or should I seek treatment. FYI I would rather not see a doctor especially if my ankle/foot will heal on its own.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012