Hard lump on the cheek, swelling under the eye after a fall. Blurred vision. Serious?

Hello! I fell down about a month ago from stairs, landing on my face only. Everything has gone away except for a hard lump on my cheek, and swelling under my eye. The swelling seems to go down as the day progresses. It comes back when i wake in the morning. I see blurry when i look down and that eye seems to blink slower than the other. I am 43, 180lbs, 5'6", and have no health problems. Do u think its serious? Thank you for the query. Sandra
Asked On : Tue, 28 May 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

The appearance of lump on the cheek and a lump below the eye after trauma required further investigations.
This kind of swelling can be due to hematoma formation.
The associated blurring of vision, slow blinking suggests involvement or pressure on the eye muscles.

You need to consult your doctor for CT scan of the face.
The origin and extent of the lesion will be determined by CT scan.
Further management will be determined by results of the investigations.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.