Hard lump in spine, painful, immovable. Done X-ray. What is this?

Hi, 42 years old. HArd lump right side of spine . went to doc he sent me to physical therapy . They said it could be a rib head that has dislocated and could not get it back in place. Said it may already be calcified and possibly fractured. Ordered and XRAY stat. The nerve pain is excructiating. It is hard and immovable. I m on TENS unit now and awaiting XRAY results after three days. They also said it can be a tumor . Either way I havent heard any news and they said it may be a phone call that I dont want to get. What is this thing and its been there for a few years-just now started causing excructiang pain. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012