Hard golf size lump near jaw line, hurts to touch. Had an old filling broke off a molar. Is this the cause ?

I have had this lump like a size of a golf ball it is hard and hurts when I touch it. It is near my jaw line. I have had an old filling break off on my one molar and thinking this could be the cause of the swelling on my jaw line. I am hoping it is not an abcess. I do not have dental insurance, and a little worried as to what it could be. I have never had this problem before. I have been taking idrophrone to keep the swelling down which as not been helping.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013