Hard fixed lump on submandibular gland, no growth, only night sweats. Any opinions ?

I have a hard fixed lump on my submandibular gland . I found it a year ago. The doc told me to keep an eye on it. However, it has remained but has not gotten any bigger. Am seeing an ENT next week. I have had no other symptoms, no fatigue, fevers or weight loss . The other glands in my neck seem to be fine. I do have nightsweats but I am a 45 year old female and am assuming this is due to perimenopause. Am hoping this lump might be benign. Any opinions?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013