Hard blow causing swollen, painful knot on the inner leg, bruises over ankle, swelling on lower leg. Suggestion?

My boyfriend plays slow pitch softball and took a hard hit ball to the leg. It is on the innerside close to the knee and shine. It formed a large knot and caused him pain. The swelling on the lump went down some, but the rest of his leg is swelling downward. His ankle is really bruised/swollen and the inner part of is leg is swollen. He NEVER goes to the doctor and I am concerned as it happen one week ago and it still bothers him. Could this turn into something more threatening?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012
welcome to health care magic
convience him to go for physician ..x-ray can lead to perfect diagnosis.
here are few precautions he can take:
Keeping the feet elevated while sitting and sleeping. This helps to reduce edema feet.

Don’t sit for long durations, take short breaks and walk around to reduce the swellings.
Reduce salt intake.

Avoid using tight stockings and tight foot wear to reduce foot and ankle swelling.
let him give hot milk with one table spoon of turmeric ,it will reduce swelling and inflammation.

If the swelling is due to sprains, tendonitis, and strains, treat this with cold and hot vinegar wraps. Heat some vinegar and water and place in a bowl. Put some vinegar with ice in another bowl. Prepare two face towels and soak them in these two vinegar solutions then squeeze out the excess. Alternate these two soaked towels on the swollen leg or foot.
take care
mail me at