Bruised and swollen knee after trauma, spreading to the lower leg, x-rays normal. Matter of concern?

About 9 days ago I fell & bumped the inside of my knee on a concrete sidewalk & the area became bruised, swollen, & numb...since the fall, the knee area numbness seem to be getting better but the bruise seems to be moving down my leg & I am starting to get swelling & bruises around my lower leg & ankle now.....I have been to my doctor & had x-rays & an exam & she indicated everything should heal over time & that I should ice & elevate my leg...should I be worried about the bruises moving down my leg & my ankle swelling?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012