Hands feeling tight and painful. Diabetic with high glucose. History of bypass. Which doctor to consult?

my husband, 54, had a cardiac arrest last May (2010) and bypass surgery in August. He is also a Type 2 diabetic and recently his glucose has been high. Cardiac-wise things now look good. The past few weeks he has complained about this hands feeling tight (I don t notice edema on his hands or feet) and they have been painful. As of a yesterday several of his knuckles have started to look purple and I m concerned. Do I go see the primary physician, endocrinologist or cardiologist?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012