Hand rash turned yellow after covering cough. Vinegar and water spray could be the reason?

I have had a rash on my palms for about 6 months on and off. They would get really inflamed where once I went to the emergency room and the doctor gave me a ointment cream that calmed it down. It was for allergic reactions, and a stabilizer. . It went away finally but then this cold came on and I started coughing and my hand turned yellow and broke out with a rash right away. I used that hand to cover my mouth when I coughed. I went out side and coughed up a lot of mucus until it turned clear. I am a smoker and I think maybe it was nicotine and additives to the cigarettes. I am a lot better today, with very little chest congestion with no wheezing now, although smells seem to bother me. My father-in-law sprays vinegar and water in his bedroom to cover odors from himself and his dog, and I was wondering if that can cause problems. I m trying to get him into a nursing home ASAP, because he is complaining that he feels he is going down hill fast. He knew his stay at our home would only be temporary anyways, but now I will be stuck with a dog when he leaves us, and a very allergic... I was wondering if 50/50 vinegar and water spray could have possibly caused like a fungus to form in the air, what answers are out there for me?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013