Hairline fracture in fingers previously. Suddenly having pain, raised dark portion below finger. See the doctor?

hi, i had a hair line fracture in my right middle and ring finger in 2004. I was advised by doc to put a medical tape around the two fingers and help it heal. it did heal but i had on and of pain in my fingers esp bending and doing kitchen work for approx 5-6 mths which i attributed to healing . All of the sudden after so many years the ring finger is causing me pain and discomfort and i have noticed under the nail a slight dark raised portion...does that mean i am having problems again i need to refer it to doc or shud wait to see once cold weather is gone? thanks
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013