Had wisdom tooth extracted, put IV on arm, large purple bruising noticed. Is this normal?

On Saturday I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted...I was put to sleep during the procedure, so they put an IV in on my right arm (right below my elbow )...the following day I noticed a large purple bruise where the IV was s now been 5 days & the purple bruise is gone but now a blue, black, purple bruise has replaced it & now takes up a large amount of my seems to have spread & have gotten darker with this normal?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013