Had urinary infection. Developed obstruction. Diagnosed sepsis. Kidney stones. Faronem suggested?

My mother (age 78) had urinary infection early July 2012 - she developed an obstruction and was diagnosed with sepsis and after 25 days hospitalization where doctor also put a stent to drain the urine she was discharged. Two kidney stones 6mm and 13 mm are also detected. Almost all the antibiotics were used. Now she has developed an infection again showing pus and gram - ive bacteria ( klebsiella pneumoniae ) in urine responding only to a few antibiotics. However she has no (or zero) symptoms even after 15 days of detecting infection first. Doctors have give Faronem 200 tables after realizing that Cefa is not acting but what surprises me Doctors are showing any panic about the whole thing. Can you tell me why ?? why are Doctors not using injections for killing the bacteria Now they are talking of removing the stent but not the stones Any idea what is happening subhash YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012