Had upper respiratory tract infection, rhinitis. Persistent cough with hypertrophied tongue papillie. Are they related?

Hi dr. I had an upper respiratory tract infection a week ago, most probably viral coz it started with fever that lasted for a day that was relieved by paracetamol , and was accompanied by rhinitis and fatigue.i took a cold and flu medication for about 5 days n i noticed improvement. But a cough has started 2 days after the onset of all the symptoms n it is persistant till now, persistant at night and didnt improve on a cough syrup . Also am having hypertrophied tongue papillie. What s bothering me now is the cough! And is tgere any relation between the cough and the papillae hypertrophy?? Thanks in advance
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013