Had unprotected sex, missed periods. Negative pregnancy test. Reason?

I would like to know if I could be pregnant. I got my periods on 16/9/12. I did not have sex during the whole of September. I didn t get my periods in October. After missing my date I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 19/10/12. We are not sure if he finished inside or outside of me. I ve still not got my periods. I took a home pregnancy test a week ago and it was negative. But am worried coz I ve still not got my periods. Could missing my periods be due to other reasons or is it coz am pregnant??
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012