Had unprotected sex, brown spotting. Implantation bleeding?

I am ttc from couple of months, my period duration was very short say about 21 days and stops after 8-9 days with heavy discharge . as i said i am ttc last month my period lasted for 5 days, but not that heavy flow. current month i had un protected sex before i ovulate and also a day after. but this month my periods did not start on 22nd day. on 24th day i had a scanty thick brownish spottings and today is third day still i am experiencing the same spotting. is it implantation bleeding??? or normal period???. In the meantime i have gained weight and feel nauseu for fried foods.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi dear thanks for your question,you had unprotected sex during safe period and your periods are delayed with slight spotting,on 24th day ,yes it can be implantation bleeding,as failure rate of safe period sex is high ,it is better for you go for pregnancy test called as gravendix ,and if positive you can decide further course of pregnancy