Had unprotected sex. Taken emergency contraceptive pill. Now spotting. Negative pregnancy test

hi, i had my periods on 16th of october and hd unprotected sex on 26th , i guess. but the very next day , i took emergency contrceptive pill , ie on 27th . had spotting from 7th of november to 14 th of it ok? i am experiencing a few symptoms of pregnancy and my period for november is still due. plese help me on this......... i had negative pregnancy test twice.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Dentist 's  Response

Emergency contraceptive pill changes the hormonal level in your body that is responsible for the menstrual cycle. Thus, it may cause changes in menstrual cycle in the month the pill is taken. Some women get periods in the very next week of taking the pill, as you have experienced. The pill changes the monthly cycle. Now you can expect your menstruation around 7th December.

So as the pregnancy test is negative, there is nothing to worry about. You can expect normal menstrual cycles from next month.

I hope this information helps you. Thank you for choosing HealthcareMagic. Take care.

Dr. Viraj Shah