Had unprotected sex. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Doing regular exercises. What is causing this? periods were due on 5th july, 2012 but i have not got them and my husband had unprotected sex around 17th june,2012, but he did not ejaculate inside me because we do not plan a child for now...also, i do yoga in the evenings about 4 times a week...around 3rd of july, i could feel that im about to get my periods but did not get it for the next two days....i have been doing inversion exercises for my back, which i found out is not recommended as it may delay periods...however, it has been over a week and i have not got my periods yet...yesterday, that is on 12th july, i did a self pregnancy test using the pregnancy test kit, and it came quite unsure then why have i not got my periods....can u please suggest what should i do as we do not want to have a baby now? please suggest
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
In my opinion as your urine pregnancy test is negative get a pelvic ultrasonography and b HCG testing because it can be an early pregnancy or worse ectopic tubal pregnancy and then visit a gynecologist with reports
exercise can cause delay of periods definitely but its good to be double sure.
And from next cycle onwards start using a regular method of contraception.
In case you have further questions you can consult me on health care magic forum and i will be happy to help
My URL is
Take care and wish you all the best.
Dr Manisha Jain