Had unprotected sex. Does taking pill prevent the chances of getting pregnant?

Hello, im Arnold I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend yesterday afternoon. I didnt released inside her and i am certain of it but we are worried that pre and post cum might have occured during our intercourse. She already took 4 tablets this morning at exact 10am and she will have 4 again tonight as her 2nd intake. Will it be effective? Will it prevent the chance of her getting pregnant based on the details that I cited?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013