Had total hysterectomy surgery more than a year ago. Is it ok if I take skipping rope as exercise to control weight ?

I am 43 years old. I had total hysterectomy surgery more than a year ago. Is it ok if I take skipping rope as exercise to control my weight?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jul 2011
Hello;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Hysterectomy and age of 43 yrs make you prone to calcium deficiency and bone problems and if your weight is more it may injure your knee or its ligaments so if you have to reduce weight then you can do exercises like brisk walking;and if you are comfortable then jogging and if you can handle you can do aerobics under guidance of a trainer.Better to avoid skipping to prevent injury to your knee.
Thanks