Had three bronchostomys. Airway smaller than average. Throat swollen. Caused by scar tissue?

Hi, In the past month I have quit breathing 3 times and have had a tube inserted into throat to save my life. I have had 3 bronchostomys and not one doctor knows why this is happening. My airway only shows 10% smaller than an average persons airway. It feels as though I cough up mucus and then it gets stuck and I can t breath. I am currently on steroids but throat is still swollen. When I receive steroids intravenously it seems to open throat for a week or two, but the prednisone I am prescribed to take at home doesn t seem to help much. Need to find out why my throat is doing this in the first place. I am scheduled for another bronch next week to see if maybe there is scar tissue in throat that could be burnt off. Wouldn t they have seen this from the other bronchs they have done? And why would scar tissue make my throat swell up. You can even seen a lump on my neck where my throat is swollen. Any ideas? Should I have this bronch done? I m afraid I won t even make it till next week, but my ribs are broke from cpr so I wanted to wait until they heal a little before this next bronch.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013