Had sudden weakness, blurry vision and hearing problem. History of diabetes. What is the cause?

Hi, today at around 9am I was in work (I am a student nurse) standing when suddenly I felt very tired. I thought nothing of it until suddenly my vision began to go very white and my body began to feel quite numb. I started to feel very weak suddenly and hot. Then my vision went completely white and my hearing became very bad. I felt very nauseous and sweaty (especially under my chin ) and very warm but also cold. A co-worker took me to a toilet and after two or three minutes I felt fine except for slightly blurred vision and a slight headache for the rest of the day. Nothing like this has ever happened to me and I have no medical history. I had eaten that morning and am generally very healthy. I have a family history of type 1 diabetes . I d just like to know if you know what might have caused this or if I should go see my GP? Thanks in advance, Sarah.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013