Had sex with a person who had genital herpes. Chances of contacting it?

Hi my name is brittany and i have a problem me and my partner had broke up for three weeks but we were still sleeoing with each other...we had sex last week on wenesday and then like two days later he comes back and tells me he has two bumps on his penis i look and i say.....that doesnt look too good.. I told him he needs to see a doctor right away then the next day more was coming i told him this aint good so we went to the clinic to get tested but at first i told him i didnt need a check up cuz i was fine and i havent slept with no other man but him..i started getting scared and i thought he must of slept with someone..i got blood tested and i took a urine sample and it came out negative buth tells me that he has genital herpes ....im like what are you serious i was crying and scared... So i need help is it possible that i might have it??
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013