Had pelvic ultrasound. Doctor confirmed pregnancy of 4 weeks. LMP shows 6 weeks. Normal?

Hello! I had a pelvic u/s last week and my dr. confirmed my pregnancy. He estimated me to be between 3 and 4 weeks with a due date in november. He did not see a sac, however, there was a white line that he said was thickened and measured correctly. I had 48 hour bloodwork done and he was pleased with my results. Eventhough he estimated me to be at 4 weeks at the time, my last period shows that I should be in my 6th week instead of my 5th. Is this normal?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013