Had partial retinal artery occlusion, prescribed clopidogrel for rest of life without any tests. Is it safe?

Hi, my name is Aisha. I had partial retinal artery occlusion on my right eye a month ago, after some blood tests the doctor prescribed me 75 mg clopidogrel and said you need to used for the rest of your life. What i am trying to say how will Dr,s prescribed medication for blood clotting with out do any physical exams to check my heart? For examples ultrasound scanner, to see where arteries may have obstruction of blood flow, ct scan etc.. I am 52 healthy female underweight, no smoking no drinking very active and movable.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013