Had panic attack. Difficulty sleeping, cold forehead, electric shock sensations in ear. How to relax?

I had a panic attack 3 months ago which was the first time it happened to me, I felt very strange and my body and mind felt seperated from each other I was hallucinating and kept pinching myself to check that I was still alive, one minute I was laughing and the next I was crying this attack lasted for approximately 4 days. Since this has happened to me I have been to my GP various times and he has just said that it is stress related and I should try to relax and drink water. Till today I am unsure why this happened to me but I do not feel like the same person, I have become extremely emotional so small issues affect me and cause me to cry. I also find it hard to sleep at night as my forehead becomes extremely cold at night, also throughout the day I get electric shock sensations in my right ear. Please can you tell me ways that can help me relax and get back to normal as it is affecting my university studies as some days I feel too vulnerable to leave the house
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013