Had pains and jaundice, ultrasound showed gallstone, MRI showed that the stone had passed, advised gallbladder removal after recovery. Do have symptoms after months. Should I go for surgery?

in January I had pains and was jaundiced, a gallstone was seen on my ultra sound and the following day I had an MRI which showed the stone had passed. I was told i needed the Gallbladder removed but i had to wait untill my bloods were normal it has taken 5 months for my bloods to clear I have had no other attacks and I am almost back to normal but the hospital still want to remove my Gallbladder do I need this surgery or can i leave it and have it if the symptoms come back
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012