Had painful mirena insertion. Having contraction like pain. Possibility of pregnancy?

Hello, I went to have a merina coil fitted this morning. It was a failure the pain was excrutiating like labour and the GP said my cervix was rock hard and contracting against the procedure. She spent 20 minutes trying to fit it. I am still having contractions (4 hours later) and have vomited once. The GP asked if I had had sex after my last period and I had not. Though i did have unprotected sex on day 9 of my period. My periods are 9 days. My period is due in one week, could this reaction be a result of a possible pregnancy?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012