Had nitrogen treatment without pain, fainted, delayed reaction,. Explain?

My 6 year old daughter appeared to have no pain when she had some nitrogen treatment to a blister on her center back even though the physician expected her to feel pain. However, she fainted about 5 minutes after the treatment and was delirious for a good 3 minutes. Half an hour later she was absolutely fine. The physician checked heart functions and all was well. What would cause this delayed reaction presumably to the pain?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013