Had multiple infarcts in frontal and parietyl Lobe of brain. Medication led to nausea?

Hi My dad recently had multiple infarcts In frontal and parietyl Lobe of brain. Hes been on medication past 3 weeks. A week after he was discharged from the hospital one morning he had nausea and vomiting . He was taken to the hospital and he was there for another day. Doctors said its normal for patience under medication for the brain and he was given vertin . He was suggested that he should taken the tablet morning and evening for 7 days. But recently they had a routine check up and doctor said we can discontinue the tablet. But soon after discontinuing it the next morning my dad again felt nausea again. Doctor suggested we continue it for another 3 days. My question here is how long does a patient will need to take this tablet without feeling nausea?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012