Had miscarriage. Pelvic exam showed closed cervix and big uterus. HCG level high. Chances of having cyst?

Hello, i just found out i was pregnant thursday the 28th, Sunday i started bleeding a little bit, not bad but had me worried a bit. Later that night i started having some pain in my right side down very low. Then yesterday i started bleeding again, i went into the er and they told me that i m probably having a miscarriage . They did a pelvic exam and they said that my cervix was closed and my uterus was big. They took blood and they said that my HCG level was 281 which is low for me being pregnant. They didn t do an ultrasound or anything else, they sent me home and told me to follow up with my ob/gyn in two days. The blood is red, and has clots sometimes. I know it sounds just like a miscarriage but could it possibly be something else going wrong? Like cysts , or anything else. I just want to be able to rule out everything else before just believing that i had a miscarriage. Please help!! Thanks, Miranda.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013