Had mastectomy and chemotherapy. Undergoing radiation. Severe pain after the removal of Jackson Pratts drains. Developed costochondritis?

Hello. I am 8 weeks post op from a radical unilateral left mastectomy having undergone successful chemotherapy treatment postop and am nearly midway through radiation treatments. The removal of the Jackson Pratts drains 3 weeks postop was exceptionally painful in that the tubes had adhered to tissue as they were in for approximately 3 weeks and I still have considerable tenderness in my left rib area (not the sites where the drains exited, but inside ). While I m still healing from the tissue being torn during the removal of the drains, I am concerned that radiation may be exacerbating this. Should I be concerned about radiation exacerbating this or is this common? Also, could I possibly have developed costochondritis? Thank you very much for your input.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012