Had laparoscopic appendectomy. Burping, passing gas, no bowel movement yet. Should I seek attention?

Hi, I m a 28 year old male. i had a laparoscopic appendectomy 3 days ago. I have yet to produce a bowl movement. i have been burping and passing gas quite a bit since the surgery. I feel backed up. I ve been taking stool a softener every day. today I took a suppository which did not work. i now have taken a phosphate laxative about 4 1/2 hours ago and not had a true bowel movement yet. only a small amount of liquid comes out. almost like it is passing a hard stool to come out. I m just worried, do you think I should seek medical attention?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013