Had intercourse, noticing bleeding from vagina, pregnant. What to do?

I had sex yesterday afternoon with my husband and today I was constipated so when I went to the bathroom I noticed a little blood on my tissue. I was scared to think it came from my vagina or rectal ( to be honest I'm not sure). But after a couple times going to the bathroom and wiping (dabbing) trying to figure out where the blood came from I believe it's from my vaginal lips. When we had intercourse I was dry and I'm thinking this might have made the area around the vagina to bleed could this be possible and how do I treat it? When should I be concerned to go to the ER I am 25 weeks pregnant. Thank you.
Sincerely, Renia
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Most probably this bleeding could be from vagina. Since your 25 weeks pregnant this bleeding has to be taken seriously. It could be due to simple reasons like minor trauma to vagina due to dryness but it could be beginning of premature labour due to trauma during sex.
Keep an eye on bleeding, if increased or you developed pain abdomen, report to EM.
Hope this answers your question