Had hip replacement surgery. Repeated episodes of gout. Is it normal after surgery?

Yes ... I had right hip replacement surgery in December 2012. Beginning February 6, 2013, I have been plagued with repeated episodes of gout which starts in the right knee . The first episode of gout was in both knees and feet, landed me in the hospital for 3 days with treatment of colchine, and increased predisone, and then another attack occured around Feb. 24, which is when I again took colchicine and Allopurinol , and the third episode just hit me two days ago. I am again on colchicine ... this time 1 tablet 0.6 mg. of colchicine twice a day, along with 150 mg. of allopurinol and then 7 days of colchicine along with the Allopurinol. Is this common after surgery, or could it be indicative of a problem with the implant, since each episode has begun in my right knee.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013