Had high BP while in Mexico. Took medication. How to wean off the medication?

I went to Mexico City for two weeks and while I was there my blood pressure went up to 164/102. I went to a doctor and he prescribed blood pressure medicine which I took for the rest of the time I was there. I since came home and would like to wean myself off the medication . What is the best way tomdomthis. My blood pressure if fine I the States.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Welcome to HCM,
Keep blood pressure record for 1-2 weeks and observe your blood pressure.
Go for BP checking morning and evening alternatively.
After seeing the report doctor will decide to continue the medicine or not.
Mean while take less salt in diet.
If you are over weight,reduce weight.
If require go for S.cholesterol, lipid profile and EKG.
Do regular exercise daily.
Avoid stress.
Ok and bye.