Had heart attack, into medically induced coma. Having seizures. Chances of brain damage?

Hello doctor, A close friend of the family recently had a heart attack and was put into a medically induced coma . I read some basic info on it and why it is done. Now my main question is why do patients have seizures during these types of comas and how does affect the brain? Is it normal for the siezures to occur? What are the chances of her having brain damage and what kind of brain function is expected to have during this kind of coma? Thank you, Ana
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013