Had head injury. Had lacerations, concussion. On self medication. See the doctor?

I had a head injury in the winter of 2005 basically what happened was I had climbed up into a wire rack with a industrial fan running that was suppose to be off had severe laceration and concussion but never had any neck or back pain until the last 4 years or so I have been self medicating for about 2 years with dolphine I know that it is habit forming but has allowed me to live a more normal life without being in agony 24/7 especially helps with sleep I take about 50mg a day. I have wanted to talk with a local dr but in my area precsciption pills are a major problem and afraid It will give biased views. Any insight or will be helpfull.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013