Had fracture in the head. Healing. Having metallic taste in the mouth. Common?

I have a metalic taste in my mouth. Menstral is about to start. History: December 1st, last month, I had a fracture to my head, nondisplaced left temporal bone fracture , fluid in the left mastoid air cells and tympanic cavity, is what the report states. Because I am in the healling process, almost two months into it, I still do not have my sence of smell, hearing is good yet sensitive, taste is altered and now the past couple days I have this metalic taste. Is this common for the above mentioned? or can it be lack of deficiantcy because menstral cycle is to begin in the next day or 2?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013